The Winners of the Visualizing Global Marathon Are...
Congratulations to the winners of the Visualizing Global Marathon! Our awesome jurors selected the top three interactive and top three infographic projects and honorable mention selections. You, the Visualizing.org community, selected the winning and runner up projects for the People's Choice. $15,000 in cash prizes will be awarded to the winners, courtesy of GE — $2,500 for each interactive category winner, $2,000 for each infographic category winner, and $1,500 for the People's Choice winner.
See the full list below, explore all of the projects in our VISUALIZING GLOBAL MARATHON 2012 WINNERS GALLERY, and visit the VISUALIZING GLOBAL MARATHON RECAP to see highlights from the event — including pictures, videos, and more!
- The 8 Most Frequent Diseases of the Past 91 Days, Krisztina Szucs: University of Budapest (Hungary)
- Six Degrees of Transportation, Joseph Henry Murphy, Chad Juehring: University of Florida (US)
- The Feeling of a Nation, Cristina Palamini, Chiara Andreossi: Politecnico di Milano (Italy)
- Diseases in the world, Yunjung Shin: Dongduk Womens University (South Korea) — Honorable Mention
- I’ll Be Home for Christmas, Jeremias Volker, Julian Stahnke, Lionel Michel, Christina Serowski: University of Applied Sciences Potsdam (Germany)
- High-Altitude Neighbours, Marianne Kaufmann, Massimo Guizzetti: Politecnico di Milano (Italy)
- Foreign Domestics,Till Nagel: KU Leuven (Belgium)
- The Online Debate, Elisabetta Ghezzi, Luca D’Onofrio: Politecnico di Milano (Italy) — Honorable Mention
- Be Open to Be Close, Andrea Molteni, Ileana Ricci: Politecnico di Milano (Italy) — Honorable Mention
- Take Flight, Qian Liu, Yun Teng: University of California, Santa Barbara (US)
- Ásia - O Novo Ponto De Conexão Global, Tiago M. Torres, Lucas Pazin, Milena Mariano: Centro Universitário Senac (Brazil) — Runner Up